Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Continuing the build

I have been continuing to 3d print the parts. I have decided to use an arduino chip to control the hand, I have been learning how to code and use this device in my digital electronics class. The design that I have settled on is the K1 hand by enable. What I will do is make the hand after I have 3d printed the parts then go a step furter and motorize the hand so it can open and close at my command. The system will use a system of pulleys and cables to function. Currently I have printed half of the parts and am still working on the others. However, I have faced some difficulties printing the parts as I am about to run out of the printer feeder material, and a couple of the parts I have tried to print have failed so I will need to reprint them.

No comments:

Post a Comment