Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Unit 1 Reflection

This unit served as an introduction to anatomy and physiology. It taught us a lot about the molecular biology that occurs in the human body as well as the major types of tissues their functions. We also learned the proper way to examine a body through the use of directional terms. We also learned the organization of the human body and hierarchy that occurs in organisms. The essential themes that we glossed over in this unit were the organization of the human body, the different tissues that occur in the human body, and finally the major macro molecules that make up the human body.

One thing that I still do not fully understand is the exact locations of each of the different tissue types as well as the exact functions of them as well. I know the relative functions for the four different major types of tissue however, I am still confused on all the possible functions of the epithelial and connective tissues as there is such a vast variety of these types of tissues. I also still do not understand how adenosine triphosphate (ATP) is produced in the human body and how it contributes to the contraction and expansion of muscle tissue.

I will improve next unit by dedicating more of my time to studying anatomy throughout the unit. I will not try to cram for the exam and study all of the material just one or two days before the exam. This does not allow me sufficient time to fully understand the major concepts of the unit and draw major connections between the major themes of the unit.

Anatomy is something that will help me immensely in the real world. I plan to become an engineer when I go to college, and I strongly believe that much of the work I do will revolve around medical devices. For this I will need to eventually need to learn the anatomy and physiology of the human body as well as many other concepts relating to body mechanics.





















No comments:

Post a Comment