Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Initiating the 3d Printing Process

On my topic I have learned a lot about the different mechanisms that the human hand has so it can move the way it does. In my goal to create a prosthetic hand I have started to 3d print some of the parts necessary to put it together. I am currently still working on the final model of the hand and will continue to 3d print the rest of the parts. Through this process I have learned that I really enjoy designing and modeling things to be 3d printed. The setbacks that I have encountered mainly relate to finding the different electronics parts necessary to initiate the movement of the hand. The next steps in this process is to continue to 3d print the parts and start the code for the movement of the hand. I will also need to plan out exactly how the electronics will work.














This is the first 3d printed part of the prosthetic hand

No comments:

Post a Comment