Thursday, March 17, 2016

Prosthetics 20 Time 1st progress report

March 17, 2016

The first thing I researched about my topic are the major problems that are affecting people who have lost limbs. These problems have to do with the current market of prosthetics. The major problems are the expense and manufacturing of prosthetics. Prosthetic limbs are extremely expensive and many people cannot afford them. The limb manufactured also use the same technology since the 1900's and are very outdated and uncomfortable. Some even prefer not to wear them. I have researched the solution of implementing 3d printing and other new technology to help fix this. I have learned through this research, that prosthetics are something that interest me greatly and it is something that i want to pursue further in college. Because I want to build my own prosthetic hand, many setbacks have arose. The primary ones are those relating to obtaining the materials neccessary, as of now. I have handled this through extensive research of finding the parts and ordering them online. The next step is to find out more about how these new technology's can solve the current problems in prosthetics and continue to build my own prosthetic hand. I can apply everything I have learned as this is something I want to further pursue in college. I will use my knowledge gained to help me find summer internships, as well as help shape the major i choose in college.

1 comment:

  1. I like the idea for your topic since prosthetics are a big part of dealing with physical disabilities in our society. Maybe for a project, you can create designs for an inexpensive, comfortable prosthetic limb in order to understand more of the process behind creating them or interview someone in that industry.

    ReplyDelete